Physical Memory Revisted.

Alan Shen ashen.2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:25:24 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have encountered this problem. I have a PC with Asus A8N-SLI
Premium<http://www.asus.com.cn/products/mb/socket939/a8n-sli-p/overview.asp?model=A8N-SLI%20Premium>mainboard(NVIDIA
nForce4 chipset), AMD 4800+ dual core CPU, 4GB memory, and
the BIOS can know 4GB memory.Firstly, I install RHEL 4 update 2 into this
PC, but in the initialization, the booting can not continue. it prompt *kernel
panic: PCI-DMA: high address but no IOMMU* .I search those info in google,
So I install the OS with 2GB memory, and it is sucessful, it can run RHEL 4
with 2 GB, but failed with 4GB. I change the BIOS option, finally the OS can
only know about 3GB Memory. Could anyone help me here?Is it problem of
Nvidia's chipset? I want to run RHEL 4 with 4GB memory.

Thanks a lot.

On 12/9/05, nilesh vaghela <nileshj.vaghela at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you try hugemem kernel ??
>
> Nilesh