How to install with add remove application without a cd/dvd room

ashok Kumar writetoashok at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:24:13 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Budi Febrianto <bfebrian at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello General,
>
>   I believe I saw it somewhere in the list, but can't find it.
>   I have few pc's without cd/dvd room installed with FC3. Is it
>   possible to use add remove application? because everytime I run it,
>   it always ask for the cd/dvd... Can I somehow redirect the source to
>   the ftp server?
>   Yes I can use rpm to install, but those dependencies are killing me.

Its possible to create a local yum repository so that the other client
machines can update from that. May be this could be used as a solution.
Check these links:

http://servers.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/07/22/1718242&tid=30
http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_article/yum_article/node1.html
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/richard_flude/repo/