[OT?] Firewall problems

Mike Klinke mklinke at axsi.com
Thu Dec 15 17:31:16 UTC 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 10:15, Bill Tangren wrote:

> Our firewall administer says he does the reverse lookups to
> prevent/minimize spoofing.
>
> My question is, what is SOP for firewall reverse lookups?

I'd have to ask the purpose of the web site?  If it's for the
general public or you're bond legally to provide public access then
reverse look-ups are a bit silly but if the web site is primarily
for the DOD, and your DOD partners are expected to have reverse DNS
set up properly, with only peripheral access by the public then
reverse look-ups may not be a bad idea.

Regards, Mike Klinke