Wireless Media Server

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Dec 19 12:30:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 05:33:27AM +0000, Mlists wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying a wireless media server this Christmas and was
> wondering what luck people had had with the various solutions out there
> working in a linux only environment.

TiVo with the Galleon software running on Linux.  This is a superb
solution that gives you excellent scheduling software for the TV, the
ability to view photographs and play mp3s right off your Linux system
onto the TiVo, and a bunch more (real-time weather, traffic, etc.).

My TiVo is connected via wireless ethernet to wireless access point on
my network.  The TiVo runs Linux inside too!

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA