POP3 Server

Mollatt Ntini mntini at mweb.co.zw
Tue Dec 20 09:54:46 UTC 2005

Even if I was to use QMAIL I would still need a POP3 Server so
*blink*blink*! OK, I have less than 200 users and everytime I restart my FC4
somehow does not see the dovecot config file, or at least it does not listen
to any port until I run a manual command

#/usr/sbin/dovecot -c /etc/dovecot.conf.

I have tried putting this command in rc.local but it seems to never see it
after booting. My dovecot.conf looks as thus :

# Protocols we want to be serving:
#  imap imaps pop3 pop3s
protocols = imap pop3
# "host:port".
imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *
# Disable SSL/TLS support.
ssl_disable = yes
# Use this logfile instead of syslog(). /dev/stderr can be used if you want
# to use stderr for logging (ONLY /dev/stderr - otherwise it is closed).
log_path = /var/log/dovecot
# For informational messages, use this logfile instead of the default
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot

# Executable location
pop3_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3

# Set max. process size in megabytes. Most of the memory goes to mmap()ing
# files, so it shouldn't harm much even if this limit is set pretty high.
pop3_process_size = 256

# Support for dynamically loadable modules.
pop3_use_modules = no
#pop3_modules = /usr/lib/dovecot/pop3