Cannot remove files with any rm commands

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Wed Dec 21 10:04:24 UTC 2005

I have a weird situation where i have three directories that i need to
remove but when i do a rm -rf it just says "cannot remove directory -
Directory not empty" even with 777 permission's on it.
I think i have a problem with a couple of files that live in the
directories because when i CD to the directory with the files in. If i do
an ls i can see the name of the file but if i do ls -al i get an error "
Cannot access No such file or directory".

I have tried renaming, moving but had no luck and i need to clear this
directory structure to carry on doing some more work.

Has anybody seen this before and how can i rectify this problem? Any help
is much appreciated.

Regards

[IMAGE](Embedded image moved to file: pic09161.jpg)