Compiling a new RHEL-4 kernel

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Wed Dec 21 15:53:21 UTC 2005

Very strange.... How many drives are in your robot? The changer itself
is not really a device that would be seen by a scsi lun probe, you
should see three luns if you have 2 drives for instance.

We have an HP MSL5026 here, along with a 5052, and with the 5026, I see
the robot as /dev/sg1 and the drives individually as /dev/sg2, and sg3.

The 5052 is the same way, but two more drives as /dev/sg4 and sg5

What brand/model of robot are you using, and if possible, can you give
me the output of lssg (part of fibreutils package) or /proc/scsi/scsi??

I'm pretty sure this should work out of the box. I've never had problems
otherwise.....

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
(443)-506-6216
callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.