Tape backup

Tom Callahan callahant at tessco.com
Wed Dec 21 18:08:51 UTC 2005

Are you using external or internal controller? If you have a 3rd party
PCI(X) controller, such as a 6412 ( i believe that was the model ), then
you need to configure the system for that device. Kudzu will help do that.

Then rebuild your mkinitrd. If still no success, make sure that the "st"
module is loaded, along with the other scsi modules.

Thanks,

Tom Callahan
TESSCO Technologies
(443)-506-6216
callahant at tessco.com

A real engineer only resorts to documentation when the keyboard dents on the forehead get too noticeable.