custom firewall configuration

Greg Golin greg.golin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:36:01 UTC 2005

Romeo,

service iptables save

This shall save the custom rules you apply to /etc/sysconfig/iptables
so that when iptables starts, it reads the new rules you have applied.
I suggest adding a cron job that flushes the rules every five minutes
for the duration of configuration just to make sure you're not locked
out.

You can also look here for help:
http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/linux-hn/iptables-intro.htm

Regards,