Redhat Advanced Server 3.0 update 5 for IA64

Ciril Ignatious T ciril at hcl.in
Fri Dec 30 10:34:21 UTC 2005

Hi

I have a doubt about Redhat Advanced Server 3.0 update 5 for IA64 .
We have a 8 way itanium  SMP server which is scalable upto 32 way.
I installed Redhat Advanced Server 3.0 update 5  into the 8 way machine.
Now we upgraded the machine to 16 way without reinstalling the OS.

Whether the linux kernel will scale to 16 processors from 8  or is there
any need for any configuration
changes?
The machine is not showing enough performance when it is scaled to 16
way with the same OS.

Whether I have to reinstall the OS to take up the changes?

Thanks and Regards

Ciril