Single command to install an rpm and all its pre-requisites.

Leonard Soetedjo stelar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:19:41 UTC 2005

On 30 December 2005 pm 19:02, unix syzadmin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whenever I trying installing an rpm, there are some pre-requisites.
> Considering I have downloaded the rpm and all its pre-requisites, is there
> a way I can ask to install an rpm and also those rpm's that are its
> pre-requisites in a single command.

I find downloading an rpm and its pre-requisites is quite a chore.  I believe
RHEL should have yum?  It can help you download the rpm and its
pre-requisites and install all of them for you.  You can follow
http://sial.org/howto/yum/ to set it up.  I've never used that tutorial,
though.  My preference is to use apt, which is similar to Debian.

Regards,

Leonard Soetedjo