RHCE PAM question

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Feb 9 03:10:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 09:56:59PM -0500, Christopher L Judd wrote:
> RHCErs,
>
> Could you all give me a general idea of what I should know about PAM for
> the RHCE exam?  Any examples of possible problems would be appreciated.

Read and understand the online documentation and work your way through
the online study guide.  *Everything* in that study guide and the
online doc set is very much fair game.  It doesn't hurt to go over the
course descriptions for the rapid track course.

Without telling you what is on the exam (and I can't remember the
specific questions anyway), you should know how pam works, what the
differences are between required, requisite, sufficient, and optional to
determine success and fail.  You should know what the core pam modules are
for (pam_unix, env, securetty, stack, nologin, deny, and console).  And
if I've told you to study more than what's on the exam, it won't be
wasted knowledge anyway :-)

We can't give you much more detail than that without violating our NDAs.

Good luck!
        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, RHCE