SMTP Failover

jeff at virgin.net jeff at virgin.net
Wed Feb 16 17:59:18 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Not sure if there's software availble for this but I'm looking for something that
will failover to a redundant SMTP server if my main one dies. Before anyone
mentions low priority MX records...Ive only got one external IP ;)

At the moment tcp/25 is forwared to another box on my LAN (setup via shorewall -
-> iptables). Is there a way for it to accept the connections itself is
it cannot forward the port. Sendmail is already setup on the box but I just
need to direct traffic to it if things go titsup.

Cheers
Jeff