Kernel.shmmax problem on all Redhat machines.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Tue Feb 1 11:59:01 UTC 2005

Hello,
             I am trying to find out what my maximum setting can be in the
/etc/sysctl kernel.shmmax. I am running Radioss and they want me to set it
to the maximum it can be for each machine, we have different hardware that
we run Radioss on so i am not sure how to work out what this setting should
be.

P.s All my machines have different settings currently when i run
/sbin/sysctl kernel.shmmax.

Any help is much appreciated

Regards