Access to own webserver via internet..

Greg gwe at dadlnet.dk
Tue Feb 1 18:44:09 UTC 2005

Hi list,

Not sure whether this is the right place to ask.

Anyhow, I have a RHEL AS 3u4 running as webserver. It's placed in the
firewall DMZ (smoothwall CS 3).

Everything works fine - except this foolish thing, which I'm not able to
solve:

While access to the server via name (say http://xyz.ee) from any external PC
works fine, it is not possible to acces the server via name from PC's on the
LAN (Smoothwall, green interface).

The server and the PC's on the LAN share the same external ip-adress (but
are internally on separate nets (safe 'green' zone and DMZ 'orange' zone).

Am I missing something important in my setup??

Thank you for any answer.

Greg