Building a new kernel on RH EL 3.0

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Tue Feb 1 18:55:36 UTC 2005

I did get netatalk 2.0.2 to work on the standard RH kernel, but I am
curious as to where I went wrong on building a kernel.

The error message that I get when the Appletalk1 kernel tries to boot
is:

Creating root device
Mounting root filesystem
mount:  error 19 mounting ext3
pivoroot:  pivot (/sysroot, /sysroot/intrd) failed 2
umount /initrd/proc failed 2
Freeing unused kernel memory:  164k freed.
Kernel panic:  No init found.  Try passive init= option to kernel.