yum trouble

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Feb 1 23:45:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:30:23 -0800, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> I'm not sure what program gave these to me, but I have:
>
> fedora-devel.repo  fedora.repo  fedora-updates.repo
> fedora-updates-testing.repo

Whether the files exist is not important. Whether they are
enabled or not is important. Look at the

  enabled=

line in each file. 0 means disabled by default, 1 means
enabled by default. You can either change the defaults or
start yum like

  yum --enablerepo=updates-released update

Enabled by default should be:

  base               (in fedora.repo)
  updates-released   (in fedora-updates.repo)

updates-testing are Test Updates. fedora-devel is for the development
channel and not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

> And I've tried with an without:
>
> atrpms.repo
>
> I also tried commenting out the stuff in the -devel and -testing repos,
> but I'm still getting massive missing dependencies.
>
> Anyone?

Could be that you installed incompatible packages already from either
Fedora Core Development or other repositories. What do you get for

  rpm --query --all --last | head
  rpm --query pyzor

?