please help with this error: GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file ...

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 18:34:27 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Last year a bug was reported that MySQL-shared rpm was
not installable on Redhat9 due to some dependency
failure (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=1043).  Does
anyone know if that’s been resolved?  From my
research, if I understand correctly, there’s supposed
to be a MySQL-shared-version.rpm that will fix the
problem.  But I cannot find it, and the site to
download it from.  The error that I get in
/etc/httpd/logs/error_log is something like:

…. unable to load dynamic library
‘/usr/lib/php4/mysql.so /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10:
 symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file
libc.so.6 ….

My setup is: Redhat 9,
             gcc version 3.2.2
             kernel version 2.4.20-6.

I want to setup mambo but the pre-installation check
shows that my php (v 4.2.2) does not have MySQL
support installed.  I checked the logs the problem is
that PHP is.  This I think is due to mismatch in
versions.

Thank you for your help in advance.  If this is not
the forum to ask this question could you please
suggest the appropriate mailing list or forum?

Thank you again