Installing RedHat 9

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 18:09:54 UTC 2005

I am facing two problems in installing RedHat from a
CD.

Problem 1:
On one computer, on which I have USB mouse and USB
Keyboard, the installation CD, after booting, hangs.
It does some initial initialization and then the last
line of message is that it has found two ports of USB.
There it stands for ever and does not proceed. I
changed the CDs but to no avail. Any suggestion?

Second problem:
I had XP installed on another computer. I installed
Linux and it was successfully installed. The Grub was
also installed. But when I try to run the XP it does
not run. On the other hand, the Linux is running
alright. What is the problm with XP?

Thanks
bye
shiraz