Problem Binding to Nis server

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Wed Feb 9 13:22:11 UTC 2005

Using one machine as an example it says none when i do type domainname it
should say bsaeg. Below are a few files if you see something wrong anybody
let me know. Also does anyone know how i can get the machines that have
hung back to a command line so i can make changes if needed.

[root at lin5 sysconfig]# domainname
(none)

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
106.30.30.25 saruman
106.30.30.26 gandalf
106.30.19.9   ukcov1cluster
106.30.19.5   corusnode-1.ukcov1.com
106.30.19.8   asu1
106.30.19.10  asu2
106.30.19.11  asu3

/etc/fstab

LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/local_scratch    /local_scratch          ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner    0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/sda2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0
asu2:/H/General/Exchange /scratch nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,bg,intr 0 0
asu2:/E/Unix /user nfs  rsize=8192,wsize=8192,bg,intr 0 0
asu1:/J/Projects /projects  nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,bg,intr 0 0
asu2:/G/Apps/Linux /software nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,bg,intr 0 0

/etc/yp.conf

domain bsaeg server gandalf
ypserver gandalf

/etc/resolv.conf

domain bsaeg

/etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd: files nis
shadow: files nis
group:  files nis
hosts:  files nis dns
bootparams:     nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers: files
netmasks:       files
networks:       files
protocols:      files
rpc:    files
services:       files
netgroup:       files
publickey:      nisplus
automount:      files
aliases:        files

/etc/sysconfig

NETWORKING=yes
GATEWAYDEV=""
NISDOMAIN=bsaeg
HOSTNAME=lin5
GATEWAY=106.30.16.1

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

|         |           zhicheng wang      |
|         |           <wang_zc at yahoo.co.u|
|         |           k>                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           redhat-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           09/02/2005 10:06   |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           wang_zc; Please    |
|         |           respond to General |
|         |           Red Hat Linux      |
|         |           discussion list    |
  |       To:       General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: Problem Binding to Nis server                                                                            |

if you type domainname on both server and client, what
do you get?

 --- Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com wrote:
> I have a problem with all of machines not binding to
> NIS on Boot and the
> boot stops at this point and will go no further. Can
> someone advise me on
> what to check. ie what files etc and how i can get
> to a point to change
> what ever i have changed to cause this issue. As
> much advice ASAP would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic21718.jpg)> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe

=====
Best wishes