SecurePath and EVA5000

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Feb 12 23:04:51 UTC 2005

I apologize for top-posting but I had deleted the original message and
then issues with my mailer caused the posting to bounce.

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 09:50:48PM -0000, Finnur ?rn Gu?mundsson - Skyggnir wrote:
> Recently my company bought Securepath 3.0c from HP (i think that is
> the version number, its the newest version anyway)......

You wasted your money :-(
HP's long-term direction is that SecurePath will not be required to
connect to EVA storage.

> In the package we recived was a note telling us that Securepath was
> not supported on RHEL 3.0 with any updates added. I already have a up
> to date machine that i neeeed some kind of multipath software running
> on it. It is connected to EVA5000 box thru Brocade switches. The HBA
> adapter in the machine is using Qlogic 2300 chipset.

You've got a couple of choices.
1. With the latest kernel updates, Red Hat now provides version 7 of the
Qlogic driver.  This driver supports failover on EVA hardware.  Some
people have used this without any issues.  I'm in the process of
building a new server and this is what I'll be trying.

2.  You can download the driver from HP's web site.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=315739&prodTypeId=12169&pnameOID=315741&refresh=true&lang=English%20%28US%29&swEnvOID=1080
One of my servers is running this driver and so far, so good.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org