nfs mount locally exported directories in a Red HAt Cluster (v3)?

evdhn at advalvas.be evdhn at advalvas.be
Mon Feb 14 09:40:30 UTC 2005

Cross-posted from redhat-install-list at redhat.com

How can you nfs mount a directory exported by a cluster service that is
currently local to the cluster member?

I have a two-member Red Hat HA cluster with hostnames arned and nihal and
cluster services lepusbb and lepustl.

When  service lepusbb runs on arneb, I cannot nfs mount its device on arneb
using the service name.  I.e.
# mount -t nfs lepusbb:/usr/local/lepus-bb /usr/local/bb
does not work on arneb, but it does work on nihal.
Similarly, when lepustl is running on nihal, I can mount
lepustl:/usr/local/lepus-tl on arneb but not on nihal.

I can mount the service locally using the hostname:
# mount -t nfs arneb:/usr/local/lepus-bb /usr/local/bb
so I'm currently using that as a workaround, but obviously,
when a failover would occur while the devices are locally mounted in this
way, my
scripts wil be in trouble.

Portmapper and nfslock are running.  I stopped the firewall on both
systems to make sure it isn't part of the problem.  I also tried exporting
to all hosts ("*"), all to no avail.

Kind regards,

emma

P.S. If there's a more appropriate place to address this issue, I'd
appreciate a pointer.