Apache server problem

Jim Maul jmaul at elih.org
Mon Feb 14 16:48:17 UTC 2005

Opesh Alkara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated !!!!
>
> Please help me finding out a good tutorial for apache
> server configuration. I am working on RHEL 3.0 and the
> apache version installed is httpd-2.0.40-21. Please
> any one can suggest the best material available free
> on the Internet regading this. I have tried each and
> every thing for apache configuration, but with no
> luck. My apache service is not starting.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/

If your service isnt starting, it should output an error stating why it
did not start.  Check your apache error log or try to start apache
manually from the command line and see if it outputs any errors.
Without giving more information, we're all just guessing.

-Jim