Multiple IPs on single interface

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Tue Feb 15 18:50:55 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request at bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe

You could also use the redhat-config-network and do the following:

New -> Ethernet connection -> Set the ip info -> click Apply

On the new connection it is listed as inactive -> Edit -> Hardware

Under alias it should show that the alias as 1 or the next in your list and on the general it should show the interface name:alias

Click Save
Click Activate

This does not work with DHCP if you already have a DHCP assigned address.

Quick + Easy + Painless

albert.smith at genexservices.com
(610) 964-5154