sendmail hangs for many minutes during boot

Travis Zadikem tzadikem at picosecond.com
Wed Feb 16 16:44:05 UTC 2005

I have seen this before, but to answer your first question if you goto:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-list/ for the archive.

Also,
 I have seen sendmail hang because of it not knowing the local hostname.
You should
have something like the followin in your hosts file.

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.1.160   mail.picosecond.com     mail

Travis