vsftpd nis chroot home directories

Jamie Crawford crawford at cmsu1.cmsu.edu
Fri Feb 18 17:19:23 UTC 2005

Hello,
Trying to setup vsftpd for users to upload data to a web server.
For example.
1. Anonymous: free download from /data/web/free
2. NIS/User1
3. NIS/User2
User1's home needs to be /data/web/web1
User2's home needs to be /data/web/web2

Problem is that these users are NIS accounts and their NIS home
directory keeps overwriting my setup.  For example User1 loggs on and
vsftp sets their home as /home/facstaff/user1 which automatically errors
out with "500 OOPS:  cannot change directory: /home/facstaff/user1 Login
failed.

Any ideas? This would take 15 minutes with profptd, but I'm trying to
learn vsftpd because its redhat "standard".

Im running Redhat as3 u 4
vsftpd-2.0.1-5

/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

anonymous_enable=YES
local_enable=YES
write_enable=YES
local_umask=022
dirmessage_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
xferlog_std_format=YES
chroot_local_user=YES
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
pam_service_name=vsfptd
userlist_enable=YES
userlist_deny=NO
userlist_file=/etc/vsftpd.user_list