Using PDA PalmOne (Zire 31) with RedHat 9

Andy Allen andy.allen at virgin.net
Mon Feb 21 20:47:07 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm trying to connect my PalmOne PDA to RedHat 9, which seems to come
with support for handheld PDA. However, I'm struggling to make sense of
it, as there are no instructions for this in the documentation CDRom. I
suspect I have to do something like ln /dev/ttys0 /dev/pilot (and then
maybe mount /home/MyPilot), but I'm not at all sure. When I run System
Tools -> Hardware Browser, I don't get a clear indication of 'where' the
PDA is connected and what the 'device name' is. As a recent convert to
linux from MS Windows, I need all the help I can get please!
Best regards,
Andy