Problem with installation of Qlogic 2310F FC card!!!

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Feb 23 12:49:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:16:34AM -0800, Govind C wrote:
> Folks,
> I am trying to configure Sun 3511 storage with Sun V40z.I downloaded
> the FC drivers from qlogic site.I am using RedHat AS 3.0 for AMD
> architecture.
>
> "uname -a"
> Linux Render-master 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:32:58 EDT 2003
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> The installation was done as per instruction given below..
> 1) tar xvzf qla2x00-v7.00.02-dist.tgz

Why are you building the driver from source?  RHEL 3 includes the latest
copy of the driver as long as your kernel is current (which it doesn't
appear to be).  It just works out of the box.  Install the latest kernel
and you'll get that v7 of the driver plus support from Red Hat.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org