Winbind Authentication : pam_mkhomedirs

jan.peuker at lst-deutschland.de jan.peuker at lst-deutschland.de
Thu Feb 24 09:38:19 UTC 2005

I am using EL/ES3 und configured samba to create home directories. I just changed (1) /etc/pam.d/samba to:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient   pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     pam_winbind.so

session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/home/winskel umask=0022

password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

and /etc/pam.d/login to:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/home/winskel umask=0022
session    optional     pam_console.so

regards,

jan

> I've configured Redhat Enterprise 4 to accept Winbind for authentication.
> It works, but does anyone know an easy way to configure auto creation of
> home directories?  Or must one manually edit all of the /etc/pam.d files?
>
> David A. Morrow
> Technical Systems Lead
> Autodata Solutions Company
> David.Morrow at Autodata.Net
> http://www.autodata.net
> Tel: (519) 951-6079
> Fax: (519) 451-6615
>
> < Poor planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an emergency
> on my part. >
>
> This message has originated from Autodata Solutions. The attached material
> is the Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata Solutions. This
> email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
> If you have received this email in error please delete this message and
> notify the Autodata system administrator at Administrator at autodata.net <
> mailto:Administrator at autodata.net>

Jan Peuker
Leitung IT