RPM mime types

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Thu Feb 24 19:19:13 UTC 2005

Good day,

I'm setting a new web server for our company and I'm posting our RPM
files to it.  The server, Santronics WINServer is thinking that a .rpm
file is a RealAudio package.  Of course this isn't correct since the
client tries to open it with RealPlayer.

I quick google search didn't really return anything about a specific
mime type for .rpm files so I'm wondering if anyone else has come across
this before or if I should just define it as being 'application/x-rpm'
and be done with it?

Thanks,

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }