Extend / fs on redhat 2.1

Tobias Speckbacher TSpeckbacher at quova.com
Fri Feb 25 01:39:34 UTC 2005

Are you storing a lot of things in roots home directory (/root) ?
Try moving things to alternate locations like /usr/local/src for source
packages, etc.

/tmp could also be a candidate.

> How is / filesystem extended ?

AFAIK, AS2.1 does not support LVM (which the default install would not
utilize even if it had it available).
If your system is setup with the default you will also not have any
sequential disk (free sectors right after the end of your / partition)
to extend the partition.

If its not a production system and you can not free any space under /
I'd probably just reinstall the box sizing the partitions properly.
It's a good exercise anyway.

-Tobias