Samba mount with fmask 664, ro files still exist.

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Fri Feb 25 11:15:57 UTC 2005

No, it is not possible to override Windows permissions from Linux.
Actually, both Linux machine and Windows machine will check file
permissions before allowing write operation to proceed. These checks are
completely independent. Even if you would override the permissions on
Linux and Linux machine would allow write operation, the Windows machine
would reject the write operation.
If you want to write in those files you must make them writable on
Windows (and on Linux, of course).

Alexey Fadyushin.
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com