dual cpu processes under top

James D. Parra Jamesp at MusicReports.com
Wed Jan 5 17:40:39 UTC 2005

> Any way to have top display which process is using which cpu on a dual
> cpu system? If top can't do this, is there an app' that can?

Type 'f' to go to the menu where you control the
fields that are shown, and then type the letter
that controls whether or not the last used cpu is
printed (this varies between procps 2.x and 3).

--

Thank you for your reply.  I have top: "procps version 3.2.1" and I am
trying to lock in "last CPU is printed" from the Current Fields screen, but

Current Fields:  AEHIOQTWKNMbcdfgjplrsuvyzX  for window 1:Def
Toggle fields via field letter, type any other key to return