Installing vsftpd

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 05:46:04 UTC 2005

I tried to install vsftpd (RH9), thru graphical tools.
It completed installation but when I tried to
configure it, I did not find any file named "vsftpd"
in /etc/xinetd.d. I tried to install it manually, thru
"rpm i". It returned, without giving any message. But
still, I did not find any file to configure.

I copied the "telent" file to "vsftpd" in xinetd.d
directory. Then I manually edited it, to act as a file
for vsftpd. It did not work.

When I try to connect to "ftp localhost". It says
"connection refused".

Do you think my "rpm" is corrupt? or is it that
"vsftpd" is corrupt? If "rpm" program is corrupt, how
do I install a new rpm program after downloading from
Internet?

Any suggestions?
bye
shiraz