Japanese characters not displaying in java GUI on Suse 8.0

Rajanish Rai rajanishrai at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 16:37:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

   I am running a java GUI on Suse 8.0. When the
machine is set to use Japanese as the language and
Japanese support is included using using Yast, the
dialogs is displaying boxes instead of Japanese
characters.

   I am getting some warning like below as well -

"Cannot convert string
"-sony-fixed-medium-r-normal--*-140-*-*-c-*-jisx0201.1976-0"
to type FontStruct"

   Pls let me know any possible workaround for the
same.

Regards
Rajanish Rai