sendmail doesn´t listen other ip's

Salvador Santander Gutiérrez salvador.santander at juntadeandalucia.es
Fri Jan 28 13:32:09 UTC 2005

Hello, list.
I've just installed the RedHat Enterprise 3 Standard Edition in our X86
server, and we've found a rpoblem with sendmail.
We've configured sendmail with the same configuration file that old server
has. The service is up, but it doesn´t listen request from other machines.
Firewall is disabled (iptables has been disabled). When I make netstat -ta I
obtain:
tcp        0      0 *:32768                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 alias_name:32776            *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 alias_name:ipp              *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 alias_name:smtp             *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0    224 10.237.193.222:ssh      10.237.193.150:1678
ESTABLISHED
(where 'alias_name' is my alias server name)

And I probe to do telnet my_server 25 from other computers and there'is no
response.

Why sendmail doesn´t listen other machines?

I hope your help. Thanks very much.

Empresa Pública de Suelo de Andalucía
CONSEJERÍA DE OBRAS PÚBLICAS Y TRANSPORTES
Salvador Santander Gutiérrez
salvador.santander at juntadeandalucia.es
Tel. 955030350