Where can I get all available updates for RH7.1?

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Fri Jan 28 18:52:47 UTC 2005

Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:54:45AM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
>
>>You can still find the updates on Red Hat's FTP site:
>>ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/7.1/en/os/
>>
>>glibc is at 2.2.4.
>

> I should add that glibc is architecture-specific.  Don't blindly grab
> the i386 version.  Check to see what you're currently running:
>
> # rpm -q glibc --queryformat '%{NAME} %{ARCH}\n'
> glibc i386

Thanks. I'm dowloading all the updates now.

Is there anyway that I can update just glibc, or glibc and whatever
minimum else that I need? If I just try to do glibc, will I break
everything else in the system, or will it refuse to install and tell me
what else needs to be updated, or will it just pull the other updates in
automatically? Som many questions ...

TIA,

	-ste