redhat-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 42

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Sat Jan 1 07:57:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Dan Burchfield wrote:

> Hi Pete, Thanks for the help. I want to migrate my servers from Cobalt to
> Red Hat. My web and email customers are use to administering they're own
> sites so I dont  want it to be a big change for them. They are currently
> able to add and delete users of email and web admins from they're own sites.
> And they are also able to use Front Page extensions.
> Dan Burchfield

Dan,

When replying to a digest mailout.

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of redhat-list digest..."

At the top of the digest it has this advice.

The reson for this is that no one will know what the heck it is you are
responding to - on a high volume list this is especially important.

Secondly, it would be prudent to at least trim your reply so it only
includes the relevant portions, people do not especially want to wade
through the entire days posts again just to figure out what it is you are
responding to.

Thirdly, if you are responding to an individual (and this is why you didnt
bother trimming your post) then please respond ot the individual directly,
not to the list.

Thanks.

--
Steve.