Running pop server

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 09:55:29 UTC 2005

Sir,
It is in continuation of my previous problem, where I
am delivering/receiving the mail on the LAN. The
deliver of the mail via SMTP is now working fine.

But I now want that Windows Outlook Express should be
able to access my Pop server on Linux. It is already
doing so, for SMTP server.

This is what I have done. I have installed POP RPM.
Then I went to /etc/xinetd.d and in that I opened the
Pop3s file. In that file, I changed the disabled from
"yes" to "no". Then I ran the
/etc/init.d/xinetd restart. I also tried
 service pop3 restart
But it said that it does not recognise this service.
Although, it is listed in /etc/services file as Pop3
service.

I understand that xinetd daemon awakens the POP
server, when an incoming connection arrives. But this
is not happening. Can anyone suggest, what other
configuration is necessary?
Thank
bye
shiraz