Re: can't access cups

On Saturday 01 January 2005 19:21, Jack Byers wrote:

>   isnt this last pair of results  inconsistent?
>      --the starting cupsd   says Ok
>      --but the status msg says cupsd is stopped

yes, so something is wrong with your cups configuration.
1) try restarting cups, in another window run
tail -f /var/log/messages /var/log/cups/error_log
what do you see?

2) have you tried to share this printer using the redhat-config-printer gui?
- I've seen this add spurious ListenAddress lines to the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
file in the past, which can prevent startup.

3) post a copy of your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file here so we can look...

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX
Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.