Redhat 9 freez

Rushan Sobar Rushan at mec.com.jo
Mon Jan 3 09:59:27 UTC 2005

hi,

im running a redhat 9 server, my server keep freezing from time to time,
when it freez my mouse moving normally but the keyboad not responding to enter the username but the num lock key active, non of the shutdown or reboot or language link on the login grapgical interface can be clicked with the mouse.
im able to ping the server ip address, but i cant access the http or pop3 or any other service on the machine nor on hostname or ip address.

anyone can advice what the problem it may be?

after reboot my machine no errors before the freez
after the reboot i get the following error in the log file

Jan  3 11:41:43 mec xinetd[1075]: pmap_set failed. service=sgi_fam program=391002 version=2
Jan  3 11:42:10 mec kernel: mtrr: Serverworks LE detected. Write-combining disabled.
Jan  3 11:42:10 mec kernel: mtrr: your processor doesn't support write-combining
Jan  3 11:42:11 mec kernel: mtrr: Serverworks LE detected. Write-combining disabled.
Jan  3 11:42:11 mec kernel: mtrr: your processor doesn't support write-combining
Jan  3 11:42:11 mec kernel: mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

Regards
Rushan

dangerous content by MEC E-Mail Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.
--
www.mec.com.jo