Re: Sporadic low network performance

> This really smells like a duplex problem.  If you're at 100mbps, force
> the interfaces on both ends to be 100 mbps full duplex.  Do not rely on
> autonegotiation since it will frequently get it wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't have control over the switch.  According to
ethtool, I had it set to 100mpbs, full duplex, no autonegotiation.  But
according to mii-tool, I had my interface set to 100mbps, Half duplex, no
autonegotiation.  I used ethtool to change it to full duplex, and now they
both report full duplex.  Fingers are crossed...

Thank you very much for the reply,

David