rhas3 (taroon2) eth0 eth1 network looks active, but does not send/rec

Roland Wong roland at heliosolutions.com
Tue Jan 4 21:10:09 UTC 2005

we have a sun v65x (we'll call it server).

lspci reports the ethernet devices as intel 82546eb rev 1.

ifconfig reports that eth0 on server is UP, but it neither sends nor receives (confirmed by tcpdump).  connecting a crossover cable from server to my laptop, and setting both machines to an internal class A results in neither machine being able to see the other.

[root at server root]# ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.101 netmask 255.0.0.0 up

[root at client root]# ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.99 netmask 255.0.0.0 up

has anyone seen this behavior before?  neither eth0 nor eth1 work!  I would greatly appreciate any help with getting the network going on this machine.  if there is more information I can provide, please let me know.

--

Roland Wong
v 408/481-0200