Re: Script

On 13:12 03 Jan 2005, truc nguyen <nguyentruc_us yahoo com> wrote:
| In my hosts file, the last line is as follow
| 197.2.23.134      truc TRUC
|
| I want to write a script to get the this IP address.
| What command in sed or awk to execute this ?

I use this script:

	http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/hostips

It pulls from /etc/hosts first, then from DNS if that fails.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Swords on armor ring, making spirits bright,
      What fun it is to laugh and sing
          a slaying song tonight!
        - Curt Howland "Ace" DoD#0663  EGFC#011  EFF#569
          howland Priss com                '82 V45 Sabre