Can't start new servie at system boot time

shen mode shenmode at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jan 5 09:59:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

I met problem with setting up new service on RH AS2.1.

I installed a  net monitoring script on RH2.1 and it
could be run manually.

After writing a script for boot up procedure, I copy
that bootup script to /etc/init.d and named it
"netmon".
Running "chkconfig --add netmon" & "chkconfig --level
345 netmon on", I think RH AS2.1 will run the script
with argument "start" every time it boot up; and it
will run the script with "stop" every time it
"shutdown or reboot.

But, I found the netmonitor script does not run at all
no matter how I start up the box.

Could anybody do some help? or Is there any guide on
this ?

thanks

Joe