GNOME text is missing after upgrade

Hi all,

I recently upgraded a bunch of workstations to update 4.

I've noticed that the text for icons, menus, taskbar, messageboxes,
everything is now missing in GNOME.  There is nothing special about the
configuration of these machines...they all install all software via
rpms.

Is there anything I can check on these machines before I rebuild them?

Ryan