FC3/RHEl3: Dell PE 800

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Fri Jan 7 14:04:31 UTC 2005

Good morning,

I've got a brand new Dell PowerEdge 800 server with a Dell Remote Access
Card 4/P, Dell (Adaptec) CERC SATA Raid Card, Broadcomm NetXtreme gig
eithernet and an ATI Radeon 7000.

We ordered the box with no factory installed OS but bought RHEL3 ES
media.  I can't get any OS to install on this box.  No matter which OS I
try (RH 7.3, RH9, RHEL3ES, FC3) I get the same error ...

I blow up right after formatting disks with an error that says:

"IntexError: list index out of range" (If you need the whole traceback I
can post it).

Any ideas here?  What am I missing and how do I fix this?

Thanks,

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }

---