redhat-config-securitylevel problem

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 11:38:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

Im using Redhat 9.

redhat-config-securitylevel does not allow a user to specify additional ports
other than www, ftp, dhcp, ssh, telnet, smtp from the GUI tool.

I want to be able to enable www, dns, imap, smtp.  There is no dialogue box to
add ports.

Ive modified /etc/sysconfig/redhat-config-securitylevel and added them that
way, but two problems:
1. how do I make the file in sysconfig to be /etc/sysconfig/iptables so I can
use the iptables init script.
2. once I have edited /etc/sysconfig/redhat-config-securitylevel and added the
ports I want, I re-run the redhat-config-securitylevel program, my additional
ports are not listed and when click on OK my additional ports have disappeared
from this file.

To get around this I edited /etc/sysconfig/iptables and added additional lines
and then reran the iptables initscript.

James