82562ET In RH 9.0

Wesley wesleyn at abcsinc.com
Tue Jan 11 02:09:24 UTC 2005

I've just recently got RH 9.0 running on a Dell Dimension 4700, and had some issues with the network card.   Found out from a fedora load that it's 82562ET/EZ/GT/GZ Pro/100 VE (LOM) Ethernet Controller (rev 03) by doing an lspci.

RH 9.0 does not see it as this, sees
03:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 1064 (rev 03)

I've loaded the newest e100 drivers from intel, and can get the card to detect and ping itself up to 8 or 9 times, but not able to get out of the machine on the interface.  I need some help on this card.

Unfortunately, I'm not able get the MBD model number as dell does not seem to have left it on there.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
I've seen where I may have to use eepro100, but I cannot get it to load, and all links I find to download the driver, it seems to be a dead link.

I appreciate all speedy assistance as I kinda need this working tomorrow.

Thanks,

LinuxWolf