Compiling kernel rpm

Blair Lowe redhat at zedemail.ca
Tue Jan 11 20:48:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

When I try to compile an rpm (rpmbuild -ba) for kernel-2.4.20-28.7 for
rh7.3, the rpm doesn't create the smp.

Here is the patch that I want to apply to upgrade the 3ware drivers
(from code off of the 3ware website) in case someone at redhat wants to
upgrade the valhalla kernel with this stuff:

SPEC FILE (watch for my revision suffix there):
http://www.computerengineering.ca/download/specs/kernel-2.4.spec

3ware PATCH (note patch level in spec file above):
http://www.computerengineering.ca/download/patches/3ware-7.7.1-driver-update.patch

Please advise as to how to create the smp kernel. Do I need smp arch on
the machine that compiles the kernel to get an smp kernel?

Thanks,
Blair.

--
.ca DOMAINS:    https://www.domainsunder.ca     Computer Engineering Inc.
Tel 780 450 8494 or TOLL FREE 1 877 968 7626 (9-5 Mountain Time)